Graphic Content

Monday, May 08, 2006

Brilliant Ideas for Hire #2

Since I've been talking about vidja games lately, I'd like to sell you on a sweet game idea I had some time ago. I don't know about you, but I used to be a huge fan of Battle Chess. Not so much of the actual strategizing and whatnot, but the fact that when you made a move to take out your opponent's piece, there was an animated sequence of say, the bishop moving over to the knight, there would be a short skirmish, and the bishop would hit him with his staff, and he would go down. Now, I haven't kept up with recent chess games, but other than the mini-game on Mortal Kombat: Deception, I haven't seen anything like it since.

Which brings me to my idea. Rather than just having plain ol' knights, rooks and pawns, why not have thematic groups, each with their own fighting styles and weaponry, but with the same rules as chess, obviously. The teams could include groups such as samurais/ninjas, soldiers, pirates, athletes, aliens, robots, animals, gunslingers and whatever else. Imagine going King's Rook to f8, and a hockey goalie runs out onto the battlefield and bludgeons a ronin to death with his stick after they dueled for a bit. The camera would swoop down from above and capture the epic sequence, ending with the goalie affecting a victorious stance. The board itself could be a grassy meadow, with lighter and darker shades, or perhaps a sandy desert. Every character would have two specific ways to encounter each other one, a winning fight, and a losing cause. The coding would be enormous, but that's why it's just an idea right now. If anyone wants to use my idea, go for it, just give me a shout out and send me a copy (for PS2 or the Mac). Welcome to World of WarChess. Or maybe EverChess? It'll be huge someday. You'll see. You'll all see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home