Graphic Content

Saturday, April 22, 2006

NHL Post-season Blues

I'm a hockey fan. Not a voracious one, but I do love my Canucks. But since they worked so hard to lose their way out of the playoffs, I have to find other reasons to stay interested. So I have joined hockey pools. The ones at Future Shop, Globe and Mail, The Score, and eBay, to be exact. I don't expect to win anything, but it keeps me somewhat involved, whereas otherwise I'd just keep bitching about the Canucks for the next four weeks. To do well, I had to predict the outcomes of the playoffs, so here are my predictions:

West:
Rd.1 DET def. EDM, DAL def. COL, CGY def. ANA, SJ def. NAS
Rd.2 DET def. CGY, SJ def. DAL
Rd.3 DET def. SJ

East:
Rd.1 OTT def. TB, CAR def. MON, NJ def. NYR, BUF def. PHI
Rd.2 OTT def. BUF, CAR def. NJ
Rd.3 CAR def. OTT?

Stanley Cup: DET def. CAR or OTT

Thus, I have loaded my pool teams with Wings, 'Canes, Sens and Sharks, with smatterings of Sabres and Stars. Now, the Western Canadian in me says I should root for the Oilers or Flames, but I just hate Alberta so much (lousy oil-rich cowboys, think they're so great 'cause they don't get taxed), so my flag will fly for Ottawa, because they just deserve it so much. I'll keep you posted on how I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home