Graphic Content

Monday, March 13, 2006

Good day and welcome to my blgo.

Damnit! I already screwed up once. Well, at least the pressures off now. Okay, this is the second try at this, since Safari unexpectedly quit on me while I tried to upload a picture, and I had written a huge epic opening post, detailing everything. Now, I have to try to recapture that, but it won't be the same. Sigh.

All right, here goes. Hey, I'm Steve Sims, a struggling graphic designer in Vancouver. Actually, just south of Vancouver, in Richmond, which is basically Chinatown. I live with two guys I went to high school with. Lorenzo P. is a Filipino art student, who will soon become a major force in the art world. Either that, or a shoe designer with Nike. I'll be sure to post some of his work some other time. I'll post some of my own, too. Greg D. is a Mexican who loves BMXing and wants to open a small engine repair shop someday. Me, I'd just be happy to have somebody ask me for a logo.

I'm not sure why I thought it necessary that I should put my thoughts on screen for the world to read. There probably won't be much here other than my own opinions on things that don't matter. Plus, I doubt if anyone will ever see this, unless I specifically tell them to. I also have my own website, graphic-content.com, which has my portfolio, resume and two other cool dealies. Logopogo is my own little logo alphabet game, and then my homage to the Absolut ads with a Canadian theme.

This little blog will feature my thoughts and reviews of movies, TV shows, music, websites and whatever else I feel like. The opinions expressed here are not those of the Blogger.com corporation. I wasn't told to say that, but I've always wanted to feel like I was somehow going against the grain, like I was sticking it to the man. Whatever.

If you are the first to read this, please comment, so I can get a warm feeling inside, knowing that the rantings and ramblings of a raving lunatic aren't going unheeded.

BTW, it's my birthday next Sunday (3/19), so if you are a Vancouver-area resident over the age of 19, why not head out to the Roxy on the Saturday (3/18) and give me a high-five. I'll be the one who stumbles onstage for a drunken rendition of "Love Shack", before getting unceremoniously shoved off.

I'm going to post this now, before I have anymore "unexpected" mishaps. But I'll be back soon. With lists, probably. And a picture. Wow, I'm blogging. Next, I'll have to get myself a podcast. Whatever that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home